Valarie T’s Pineapple Cream Cheese Dip
- 1 pineapple
- 3 packages of 8 ounce of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 small bag of chopped pecans
- Dash of parsley flakes
- 1 box of crackers ( Your Choice: Ritz, Club Crackers, Captain Wafers)
- First, slice the pineapple in half.
- Cut all of the inside of pineapple and place it a bowl.
- Place in a bowl and whisk it until it’s a smooth texture.
- Then mix pineapple, powdered sugar, ½ bag of chopped pecans together until mixture is well mixed.
- Then take mixture and neatly put inside of the pineapple halves.
- Decorate the two halves by sprinkling a few chopped pecans on top and then sprinkle parsley flakes on top.
- Chill in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve your guests.
- Serve the pineapple dip with crackers.
Viola W’s Simple Apple Cobbler
- 1 cup self-rising flour (save ¾ cup for topping)
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup soften butter
- 1/2/ teaspoon ground cinnamon (I like to use cinnamon-sugar)
- 4 large apples peeled and small slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9X9 baking dish.
- Mix flour, sugar, butter and cinnamon in a bowl. Mix well.
- Sprinkle a layer of flour mix in the baking dish. Top with some of the apples.
- Do another layer of flour mix and top with the remaining apples.
- Sprinkle top of apples with the ¾ cup of flour.
- Cook in preheated oven until apples are tender and turning brown around
- 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let cool and serve with or without ice cream. (We like vanilla!)
Kimberly K’s Lasagna
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 cups traditional pasta sauce
- 1 box uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 15oz container ricotta cheese
- 10 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Cook beef in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring until fully browned.
- Stir in pasta sauce.
- Spread one third of meat sauce in a lightly greased 11×7 baking dish, layer with 3 noodles and scoop of ricotta cheese (thin layer).
- Repeat above procedure three times.
- Slowly pour 1/4 cup of hot water around the inside edge of the dish.
- Cover with 2 layers of aluminum foil and bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.